Sunday 14 September 2014

Review: Reboot by Amy Tintera

13517455Title: Reboot
Author: Any Tintera
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 365
Release Date: May 7th 2013
Series: Reboot #1
Where I Got It: Local Library

Synopsis
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.


Amy Tintera
Hi! I’m Amy Tintera, and I write novels for young adults. I grew up in Austin, Texas and graduated from Texas A&M University with a degree in journalism. After receiving a masters in film at Emerson College I moved to Los Angeles, where I promptly discovered I didn’t enjoy working in the film industry, and went back to my first love, writing.
REBOOT and REBEL are published by HarperCollins/HarperTeen. Film rights have been optioned by Fox, and the books have sold in ten countries. I am represented by Emmanuelle Morgen at Stonesong.
Review

Reboot by Amy Tintera was an amazing dystopian book. I thought it was definitely a great futuristic type book, however, the robot part kind of reminded me of Terminator and The Walking Dead. Just a little, though.

I thought that Wren was so awesome and she was just badass the way she kicked everyone's butts through the book. I loved it when other reboots would be around her and kind of either stare her down (or try to), or just creep away slowly. She also kind of bothered me thought because every time she was around Callum and she felt emotion, she would immediately reject it and say it wasn't actually emotion, it was something else. When obviously it wasn't.

I liked Callum's character, he was very interesting. It was great to see the difference in "numbers" whereas Wren acts totally different from Callum. I would have thought maybe the higher numbers would be more emotional but I guess it makes sense that the ones who slept longer (where dead longer) were the ones who were "dead" inside. I thought that the Reboots would be like zombies or something, but they were just human and had human traits and everything! However, one shot to the head and they are dead so they had to be really careful which made the story that much more exciting.

The story was definitely enjoyable and funny; it had what all dystopian books want: a story! I've read a few dystopian in the past. And I must say, I was not impressed. I put off so may dystopian books and never wanted to read them... then I gave this one a chance and I'm so glad I did! It was awesome; it had enough action to keep me excited and on my seat, and enough romance to make me goo. I loved the story, every bit of it... I would recommend this book to avid readers who enjoy different plots and twists in stories. It was exciting to say in one word.

No comments:

Post a Comment