Tuesday 29 October 2013

Review: CRASH (Crash #1) by Nicole Williams

Crash (Crash, #1)Title: CRASH
Author: Nicole Williams
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: July 18th 2012
Pages: 365
Series: Crash #1
Where I Got It: Indigo

Synopsis: Jude Ryder and Lucy Larson are this generation's Romeo and Juliet: Explosive. Sizzling. Tragic.
A steamy summer encounter with bad boy Jude means trouble for Lucy. Her sights are set on becoming a ballerina, and she won't let anything get in her way . . . except Jude.
He's got a rap sheet, dangerous mood swings, and a name that's been sighed, shouted, and cursed by who knows how many girls.
Jude's a cancer, the kind of guy who's fated to ruin the lives of girls like Lucy—and he tells her so.
But as rumors run rampant and reputations are destroyed, Lucy's not listening to Jude's warning. Is tragedy waiting in the wings? This racy romance is hot, hot, hot!



Nicole  Williams

Nicole Williams
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write young adult because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings. Here's to staying young at heart *raises champagne glass*... care to join me?



Review

I read this book on July 15th 2013.


Hey ya'll! You better look out for Jude Ryder. A new, hot, and addictive man.
I liked this book the way any person who enjoys contemporary romance would but I found it was very... typical. A good girl meets a bad boy and they ultimately fall in love. But wait, they can't be together!
This story went the way I expected. Good girl meets bad boy and they fall in love. Something happens so they break up. They get back together after they talk it out. Then they break up because of something else. Something happens to her so he saves her and they get back together. They break up because they find out something that ties their families together. In the end, he comes back wanting her to give him a 500th chance. Before I forget, I must add that I don't know why Jude stopped his "ways" after he met Lucy. I know Lucy is great and all (she is one of my favourite female POVs to read from) but I just don't know why Jude chose her. They are great together, but I wish I knew more about their meeting. Also, I don't understand how they could just "be together" right after the beach. He got her a dog cage and I don't understand it. He didn't even know her. Either way though, I loved the book.Even though this story line is so familiar and typical I loved this book. I was a little disappointed with the ending but the rest of the book made up for it.I thought it was sweet they he was always there for her but she just kept on trusting that guy Sawyer. What an idiot. I believe this story was trying to say that love conquers all but Jude and Lucy just kept on breaking up. I really can't wait to see what's in store for CLASH. I highly recommend this series to anyone looking for the roller-coaster ride that is CRASH, a beautiful contemporary romance!

Ages: 16+
Grade: 10 and up
*This book is for mature readers*

No comments:

Post a Comment